I love amigurumi.
I've made many amigurumi things. Here's a list of my past creations, if I can remember them all:
peas in a pod
and... this jellyfish!
which I just made the other day.
He currently lives under a hanging candle holder, and occasionally likes to relocate to other available hanging places.
I make these little creations because
- They're adorable
- They're fast to make (I can tackle one in a day, or a couple hours)
- I can understand how they are constructed
- I can use someone else's pattern and still make it my own, whether it be by yarn type, embellishment choice, facial expression, or hook size
- I have a lifelong unexplainable draw toward miniature things
- Inanimate objects with tiny smiley faces make me smile
- Crocheted food is funny
- Yarn is cheap
- Yarn is soft
- and I get bored very quickly.
If you've never tried amigurumi and think it's too difficult, try starting with a simple small apple first. It's a great first time project and is rewarding too. You can make it into a key chain when you're done, too. Or a necklace. Or a cat toy. Or a rear view mirror dangly. Or gift. Or a cat toy necklace key chain gift.
Coming Up Soon I will be posting a collection of pictures featuring past projects I've done (with an explanation of their creation), in hopes to inspire you all to get crafty ASAP! Keep your eye out for this, it's kind of a big deal. :)